After seeing my comment on ZOMG Candy’s favorable review, some nice folks representing Enstrom Candies asked if I would like to sample their Milk Chocolate Almond Toffee. These are the good things that happen to people who comment.
Even better, they generously offered to send an additional 1lb sample to one of my lucky readers. This is a good thing that will happen for someone who comments.
Chances are a good number of you are going to skip over the actual review just to see what is needed to be entered into the contest. That’s cool, jack-ass. I’m still going to talk about what I like about this toffee, besides the fact that it was free.
Cheaper toffee might leave you reaching for water, and with chipped teeth. Enstrom’s is not cheap.
- The inner most toffee is firm but breaks cleanly, and wont get stuck in your teeth. It’s sweet, but a strong butter component and whole California almonds keep it far from saccharine.
- A smooth melting milk chocolate layer covers the toffee. There’s no percentage listed, but it’s rich and on the deeper end of things.
- Topping it all off is a dusting of pulverized almonds. These are a bit messy, but worth it for the enhanced almond flavor.
At $19.99 for a 1lb box, it seems to fall in line with other premium candies. Again, it isn’t cheap, but just consider how much your saving on a trip to the dentist’s office. If you or someone you know is a toffee fan, I’d recommend you
make the purchase enter my giveaway!
2 ways to enter, leave a separate comment for each. Don’t forget to fill out the Email field so that I can contact you.
- Follow me on twitter and tweet “I entered the @RodzillaReviews Enstrom Giveaway” (make sure to leave your twitter name)
- Leave a comment about your worst candy induced injury (chipped teeth, stuck in nostrils, etc.)
Winner will be chosen randomly next Tuesday, November 29th.
Contest Closed - Winner Darlene